Studies show that almost 80% of Americans believe manufacturing is crucial to Americans’ standard of living and economic prosperity, as well as our national security. Yet, only a small percentage have ever stepped foot in a modern manufacturing facility or realize just how many products are manufactured in their own communities. National Manufacturing Day was established to change this and give people an opportunity to see firsthand what modern manufacturing is all about.
The resurgence of US manufacturing is underway. From lower shipping costs to regional manufacturing centers, here are four reasons why we think it’s here to stay.
Join McCain CEO and founder, Jeffrey L. McCain, on July 1st for the North County Manufacturing CEO Roundtable hosted by the San Diego North Economic Development Council (SDNEDC). McCain is teaming up with other local manufacturing executives to discuss the role of manufacturing in North County San Diego.
Traffic solutions leader keeps jobs stateside
Anyone curious about the state of U.S. manufacturing need only look at the promising high-tech production taking place inside the state-of-the-art 100,000-square-foot facility that McCain, Inc. opened three years ago in North County.
More Articles ...
- Identifying 8 Waste Areas with Lean Manufacturing
- Electronics Manufacturers Choose Mexico to Save on Costs
- The State of California Manufacturing
- PD&M Was a Big Success
- McCain Will Be Exhibiting at PD&M
- 2013 Marked a Pivotal Year for Reshoring
- Nearshoring – Is it worth it?
- Honoring National Manufacturing Day
- "American-Made" More Than Just a Label
- Things are Looking up for Manufacturing