To better serve you we've put together a list of frequently asked questions and answers about McCain manufacturing.
- What is nearshore outsourcing?
- Why use McCain Manufacturing as your nearshore partner?
- What is reshoring?
- Why reshore?
- What is C-TPAT Certification?
- What are the benefits of McCain’s C-TPAT Certification?
- What is the FAST program?
Outsourcing your manufacturing to overseas countries, like China, presents numerous challenges. Interacting with teams in radically different time zones can be difficult and time consuming, especially when trying to overcome communication barriers. A trip to see production lines or first run samples can take a full week, tying up time and money. With the speed of business today, customers don’t have the patience to wait 3-4 weeks for products to traverse the globe.
Partnering with McCain alleviates these burdens while still offering you a cost-effective competitive edge. Plus, our corporate headquarters are conveniently located in southern California, making the entire process streamlined and efficient.
Reshoring has many benefits, on both the national and corporate level. As a nation, reshoring helps create jobs and boosts the local economy. Reshoring can also help corporations facing poor quality issues, theft of trade secrets, supply chain disruptions, and lengthy delivery times.
Top reasons to reshore with McCain:
- Reduce production costs
- Improve quality with high standards and regulations
- Shrink pipeline and surge inventory impact on just-in-time operations
- Decrease risk of stolen intellectual property
- Eliminate waste and instability caused by offshoring
- Strengthen manufacturer’s ability to respond quickly to customer needs
Is reshoring a good fit for me?
Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) is a US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) initiative that builds cooperative relationships to strengthen the overall supply chain and border security.
As a C-TPAT certified company, McCain shipments are examined less frequently than non-certified manufacturers, which saves you time and money as shipments are expedited across the US-Mexico border.
- Access to dedicated lanes for greater speed and efficiency in processing
- Reduced number of inspections resulting in reduced delays at the border
- Priority, front-of-the-line processing